How To Follow Someone On TradingView – A Complete Guide
One of the most valuable features of TradingView is the active community of experienced traders who publish ideas and analysis. But how do you actually follow these traders to benefit from their insight?
In this guide, we’ll cover finding traders to follow, subscribing to their posts, setting up personalized feeds, getting notifications, and more. Follow along to tap into the collective trading intelligence on TradingView!
Why Follow Traders on TradingView?
Before jumping into the mechanics of following, let’s discuss why it’s beneficial:
- Gain exposure to trading methods and ideas outside your own
- Learn from experienced traders willing to share knowledge
- Get notified quickly when followed traders publish new analysis
- Incorporate viewpoints from diverse trading styles and strategies
- Interact with and learn from the community in chat
The right follows help broaden perspective and spark creativity. Now let’s dive into building that worthwhile feed!
How to Follow Traders on TradingView
Finding and following traders on TradingView just takes a few clicks:
- Click on Community in top toolbar then select All Traders
- Use search and filters or browse to find traders posting quality insights
- Preview trader’s profile, posts, and bio to evaluate if worth following
- If you want to follow them, click the Follow button on their profile
- Optionally enable “Notify me” to get alerted on new posts
Repeat for each well-vetted trader you want to follow. Curate a smart feed mixing various viewpoints, experience levels, and strategies.
Creating Custom Watchlists of Followed Traders
To organize the traders you follow:
- Click Watchlists in the toolbar then Create Watchlist
- Name your watchlist something descriptive like “Traders To Follow”
- Use the search bar to add specific Traders to your new watchlist
- Repeat to make different lists like “Technical Analysts”, “Crypto Traders”, etc
Custom watchlists let you break down follows by style, asset class, expertise, or any categories that help you consume insights more intentionally.
Access my advanced Fortune Trend Indicator
Interacting with Followed Traders
Beyond just passively viewing content, you can actively engage as part of the TradingView community:
- Comment on and react to posts from those you follow
- Reply directly to build rapport with influential traders
- Ask questions and join discussions related to their analysis
- Respectfully debate analysis and ideas using the chat
Being an active, contributing member amplifies what you gain from top creators.
Consuming Followed Content and Notifications
To consume followed traders’ updates:
- Check the Home feed or your custom watchlists for new posts
- Enable notifications on desktop, web, and mobile to stay on top of new posts
- Scan your personalized Home feed for follower updates mixed with discovery content
- Tap the bell icon on desktop and mobile to only view notifications
Options cater to your preferred consumption style. Stay engaged!
Curating a High-Signal Feed
As you follow more traders, be sure to:
- Frequently re-evaluate follows – unfollow if quality drops
- Watchlist similar styles separately rather than mixing signals
- Reduce noise and clutter by muting low-value interactions
- Report abuse, self-promotion, or inappropriate behavior
Actively curate your signal sources to receive a steady stream of worthwhile perspectives, analysis, and ideas. Quality in, quality out.
Exploring Other Features of the TradingView Community
Beyond just following traders, the community offers additional ways to engage:
- Browse and engage with categories like Stocks, Crypto, Forex etc
- Join group chats focused on specific assets or strategies
- Share your own analysis posts to be followed and build reputation
- Follow and learn from in-house TradingView experts posting educational insights
The community comes together to discuss ideas beyond just trading including economics, politics, business, and more!
The Power of Collective Intelligence
I hope this guide provides everything needed to tap into TradingView’s unmatched social ecosystem for traders. Follow along, ask good questions, share ideas, and remain humble.
The collective intelligence surpasses any single viewpoint. With proper curation, you can soak up the best aspects of the community to enhance your own trading journey.
Let me know if you have any other TradingView social questions! Time to start following.