HFT Pass Way EA Review – An In-Depth Analysis
The HFT Pass Way EA is an expert advisor designed specifically to help traders pass proprietary trading firm challenges that allow high-frequency trading techniques. In this comprehensive review, we will analyze the key features, performance, strengths and weaknesses of this MetaTrader 4 EA to determine if it is worth purchasing.
Overview and Features
The HFT Pass Way EA is sold on the mql5.com marketplace and developed by Anton Kondratev. Some of its main features include:
- Fully automated system that independently opens, manages and closes trades
- Uses high-frequency trading techniques for fast order execution
- Open parameter settings that can be optimized
- Trades high volatility instruments like GER30, GER40 and US30
- Incorporates virtual profit tracking and fixed stop losses
- Has built-in protection against unauthorized modifications
The goal is to rapidly catch big market movements to hit profit targets, while keeping risk managed through pre-defined stop losses. According to the product description, it has a 95% win rate during backtesting.
We analyzed the EA’s backtest report and real-time trading statistics to evaluate its performance.
- Period: 13 June 2022 to 14 December 2023
- Total trades: 1488
- Win rate: 95.1%
- Profit factor: 1.95
- Maximum drawdown: 2.80%
Real Trading (DE40)
- Period: 25 November 2023 to 14 December 2023
- Total trades: 165
- Win rate: 95.8%
- Profit factor: 1.96
- Maximum drawdown: 1.20%
These metrics demonstrate solid profitability with high winning percentages and low drawdowns. The real trading stats closely match the backtest, indicating reliable performance.
Here are some of the notable strengths of this expert advisor:
- High win rate – Consistently above 95% in both backtest and live trading
- Low drawdown – Maximum recorded DD is less than 3%
- Transparent backtest report – Provides assurance in the EA’s capabilities
- Positive trader reviews – Rated 4.83/5 stars on the mql5 marketplace
HFT Pass Way EA Weaknesses
Despite the generally positive performance, here are some weaknesses to consider:
- Not for real trading – Designed specifically for passing prop firm challenges
- High spreads can impact profit – Backtest used a 10 pip spread which is unrealistic
- Potential overfitting – Parameters highly optimized for backtest period
So while results look promising for challenge accounts, the disclaimer that it’s unsuitable for live trading may be concerning if you want longer term usage. Also, in real market conditions, high spreads could erode profitability.
HFT Pass Way EA Conclusion
Overall, the HFT Pass Way EA displays solid metrics in systematic backtesting and real trading with high win rates and low drawdowns. For traders specifically looking to pass prop firm challenges and evaluations that allow HFT techniques, this EA represents an excellent solution based on community feedback. However, statements that it’s unsuited for live trading limits its appeal for long-term usage. Careful consideration of spread levels is also advised before purchasing.