How To Put Money In TradingView – A Step-by-Step Guide
TradingView is an incredibly powerful charting platform and paper trading tool. But can you also trade real money from TradingView and make live trades?
The answer is yes! In this guide I’ll explain how the TradingView broker integration works, the different ways to connect a live brokerage account, and the steps to fund your TradingView account to begin trading real capital.
Is Live Trading Supported on TradingView?
While TradingView started as a technical analysis platform, they have invested heavily in live trading capabilities.
You can now integrate your TradingView charts and analysis with a connected brokerage account to trade real stocks, options, futures, forex, and crypto.
TradingView handles the charting, scanning, and trade analysis while orders are routed to your online broker for execution.
Ways To Connect a Brokerage Account
There are a couple ways to link your TradingView workspace with a live trading account:
Supported Broker Integrations
TradingView has built-in connections with several popular brokers like Robinhood, Etrade, and eToro with more being added.
If your broker is supported, you can link your account through the TradingView interface for seamless access.
For brokers without an official integration, TradingView allows connecting via API.
This requires more technical know-how but allows accessing thousands of global brokers.
Popular API connections include Alpaca, Oanda, FXCM, NinjaTrader, and more.
Access our advanced Onix Range Detector Indicator
Step-By-Step Guide to Funding TradingView
Follow these steps to deposit real trading capital into TradingView:
- Select a broker from supported integrations or connect via API
- Follow the broker specific steps to securely link accounts
- Confirm linkage and availability of live trading on TradingView
- Deposit funds directly into your brokerage account as normal
- Enable live trading on TradingView charts and configure order sizes
Once your broker account is funded, you can begin executing live trades through TradingView!
Placing Your First Live Trades
Once connected and funded, placing trades is easy:
- Enable live trading on each TradingView chart with the broker account
- Use the trade panel to enter buy/sell orders with quantity and price
- Modify and manage orders directly on the chart
- Monitor execution and P&L directly on TradingView
Start small with share size and risk management just like any live trading.
Best Practices for Trading Real Money on TradingView
When transitioning to live trading on TradingView, it’s important to manage risks:
- Start small while you adjust to real trading. Slowly increase share size.
- Stick to your tested strategies and risk management rules. Don’t overtrade.
- Be aware of your broker’s order type specifications and routing behaviors.
- Confirm orders are filled as expected. Check for any slippage or delays.
- Know the trading hours for your asset class and broker.
- Disable paper trading once real money is connected to avoid confusion.
Thoughtful preparation and discipline is key to managing risk when trading live.
Troubleshooting Common TradingView Trading Issues
Here are some common questions and issues:
Orders not filling? Confirm live trading enabled on the chart. Check broker connectivity.
Trades executing strangely? Review order types being used. Market orders can fill unpredictably. Use limits.
Charts and trades out of sync? Refresh browser or restart platform. Ensure a stable connection.
Fees/commissions incorrect? Double check broker fee schedule listed on TradingView.
As with any platform, glitches can occur. Don’t hesitate to contact TradingView customer support if significant issues arise.
Download my Chart Patterns PDF Course
The Power of Integrated Analysis and Trading
TradingView provides an incredibly powerful package by integrating world-class charting, analysis, scanning, and now live trading execution all in one platform.
I highly recommend connecting a funded brokerage account to unlock TradingView’s full potential as an end-to-end trading solution.
The steps outlined in this guide should help you get started funding your account and executing live trades directly on the charts and analysis you’re already familiar with.
Let me know if you have any other questions about using TradingView as a live trading platform! I’m happy to help explain anything in more detail.